Founder of Emergent Thinkers: Felicity Healey-Benson, BSc, PGCE, MBA, MA (HRM), PG Dip CIPD, Dip. NLP, SAC. Dip, FHEA, Academic Assoc. CIPD
Welcome to my blog site: where the worlds of education and business connect.
Come and join me on my professional and doctoral journey whereby I look to uncover new pedagogic and business practices that will help future proof our talent, and our environment.
Exploring and bridging new and unfolding concepts and practices to support Education 4.0, Work 4.0 and Global Citizenship, I endeavour to respond to the needs and challenges of the fourth industrial revolution, where human and technology are aligned to enable new possibilities.
I began my career at Unipart as a Kaizen Technician and later a Continuous Improvement Engineer, supporting culture change and embedding continuous improvement principles across all operations. I then migrated into business improvement consultancy and Learning & Development, working across a number of sectors including not-for-profit, local authority, commercial and e-commerce environments.
I have engaged in a number of lead L&D roles for hi-growth organisations including the Gwalia Group (non-charitable & charitable housing) and Amazon, supporting the establishment and embedding of processes within Amazon’s then largest UK facility in Swansea.
My expertise has been built upon academic and work- based programme teaching experience, with specific expertise in leadership and management development, including a sustainability agenda. Undergraduate and postgraduate modules developed and delivered include leadership & management, business and enterprise, HRM and marketing, as well as professional qualifications accredited by the CIPS, CIM, CMI, CIPD and ACCA. I have delivered face-to-face, blended and online programmes. I am an experienced and pragmatic facilitator, trainer and manager with well-developed communication, interpersonal and leadership skill.
My doctoral research skills are informed with academic, business, strategy development and project management career experience.
- Academic Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Higher Education Academy Fellowship
- Vitae Membership
- ICDE (International Council for Open and Distance Education) Membership
- EDEN (European Distance & Learning Network) Membership
- The British Society for Phenomenology Membership
- The Society for Coaching at Wales Academy of Professional Practice and Applied Research Member
- Member of the EntreCompEdu Steering Group
- Member of The Sustainability Network
- Member of the Enterprising Women in Ed Network
- Primary School Governor
Awarded EntreCompEdu Teacher Pioneer by Bantani Education
Education Is Not the Learning of Facts, But the Training of the Mind To ThinkEinstein, 1869-1955